This statement explains how we collect and use your personal information. Personal information is information that can identify you – for example your name, email address or mobile phone number. Your personal information is an important asset for us and we aim to use it responsibly and to keep it secure. If you want to know more about how we use your personal information, please contact us. Please find the contact details below.
This Privacy Statement applies to:
- potential customers, customers and business relationships of Verive;
- other parties with whom Verive does business, such as suppliers of Verive.
Which personal data do we process?
Verive will only process those personal data which are needed for our services, being for example the following data:
- Standard data related to your identity (name and address details), email address and other contact details;
- date and place of birth, age and sex;
- bank account;
- personal data obtained from the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce and the Land Registry Office;
- any other personal data (than mentioned above) that require processing by virtue of the law.
What do we use your personal information for?
Verive processes your (personal) data since this is necessary in relation to our (business) activities and to provide our services. Hence, we use your personal information for various purposes in this respect, including:
- Administrative Purposes;
- Taking and fulfilling orders;
- Processing payments and making payments;
- Communicating with you;
- Keeping accounts and other business records;
- Carrying out marketing, electronic or otherwise;
- Complying with legal or regulatory requirements;
- Dealing with complaints or queries from our customers;
- Maintaining a (business) network;
- Improving the quality of our product and service information and performing targeted marketing campaigns as well as (market) research;
- Generating data analytics to monitor and improve the performance of our website.
We believe that it is in our legitimate interests, or is necessary for the performance of a contract, to collect and use personal information to operate our business and to provide a service that you have requested. In some cases we may be under a legal duty to use or disclose personal information, for example to comply with a request from an official body.
How do we process your personal information?
Verive considers the protection of personal data important. Verive processes all kinds of (personal) data, as efficiently and carefully as possible, in accordance with the GDPR. This means that:
- we process personal data in accordance with the purpose for which the data is collected, as mentioned in this Privacy Statement;
- processing of personal data is limited to the data that is required for the purposes for which they are processed;
- we ask for consent as far as necessary to process the personal data;
- we have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the personal data;
- we do not transfer personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary in relation to the purposes for which the data is collected;
- we inform you about your rights regarding personal data.
Personal data will only be processed in accordance with (one of) the legal grounds as mentioned in the GDPR, being:
- performance of an agreement with suppliers;
- compliance with a legal obligation;
- a legitimate interest.
Do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information, but this will be done on a ‘need to know’ basis and only where it is necessary to do so or where we are required to share information. We may share personal information, for example, when we buy or sell any businesses or assets. We aim to put the necessary safeguards in place to ensure that personal information that the company is legally responsible for remains properly protected and is used appropriately when in the hands of a third party.
Do we transfer personal information overseas?
Sometimes we may need to send personal information overseas, for example as part of the fulfilment of an order. When we have to do this, we aim to put the necessary safeguards in place to ensure that the information remains properly protected and is used appropriately wherever it is located geographically.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We aim to keep your information not longer than necessary for our business needs and in compliance with any legal or regulatory duties to retain personal information for a particular period. However long we retain personal information for, we will make sure it is subject to appropriate security.
How do we secure your personal information?
We will do everything within our power to secure your personal data as much as possible in order to prevent unlawful use such as unauthorised access, undesirable disclosure and unauthorised amendment or loss. We do so by means of physical, administrative, organisational and technical measures. If and insofar as personal data are passed on to processors that provide services or perform assignments on behalf of Verive, Verive has agreed with them that they will also optimally secure the personal data.
What rights do you have over your personal information?
You enjoy, among other things, the following rights:
- To obtain a copy of your personal information or to have it transferred to another organisation
- To have any inaccurate personal information corrected
- To have your personal information erased if its retention is no longer justified
- To have the use of your personal information restricted – i.e. not accessed or used
- To object to your personal information being processed.
We will always give you the rights that you are legally entitled to but the rights set out above are qualified ones. Any requests will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please refer to the contact details below if you would like to inspect your overall data processing and/or you would like to transfer, change or remove data you are unable to edit yourself.
Do we use automated decision-making?
We carry out automated decision-making when you use our website. This involves providing content to you based on your online behaviour. This allows us to display content that is relevant to you.
Do we use your personal information for marketing?
Yes, we may use your personal information to carry out marketing but we only contact people who want to receive marketing. If you object to marketing – whether electronic or otherwise – please let us know and we will stop contacting you.
Use Hotjar for improvement of User Experience
Verive uses Hotjar web analytics service. Hotjar can capture mouse clicks, mouse movements and scrolling activities. Hotjar collects information about visited pages, actions taken, country, device used, operating system and browser. Hotjar can not see personally identifiable information (PII) on the website. Hotjar can not keep track of your surfing behavior on websites that do not use Hotjar services.
Who can you complain to if you have a concern?
If you have any concerns about the way we handle your personal information, please contact us in the first instance using the contact details below and we will do our best to help you. You can contact us in the following ways:- by sending a letter to Paasheuvelweg 1, 1105 BE Amsterdam- an email to [email protected]- by telephone at telephone number +31 (0)365 478 600
Verive strives to respond to the request as soon as possible, but in any event within four weeks after receipt. Verive furthermore draws your attention to the possibility of filing a complaint with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl), if the above does not lead to the desired result.
Any disputes that arise from this Privacy Notice are governed by Dutch law.
Please contact us if you want to know more about how we handle your personal information or to request that we remove your data from our system.
Verive, Bunzl Continental Europe, Paasheuvelweg 1, 1105 BE Amsterdam